This is a bit lazy as far as recipes go. But I couldn’t resist posting it cause it was purple cauliflower. PURPLE! Which, according to Wikipedia, “The purple color in this cauliflower is caused by the presence of the antioxidant group anthocyanins, which can also be found in red cabbage and red wine.” So wow. Bonus. I just thought it was pretty. You can use regular cauliflower, it’s just the colour that is different.
I really like the added texture that the almond flour adds to this dish. And it’s all pretty, too.
- 1 head of cauliflower (purple or not)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of garlic salt
- 2 chopped chillis, seeds removed (unless you want it hot)
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Cut up your cauliflower into small, bite size pieces and stuck them in a bowl.
- Throw in your olive oil, chillis, garlic salt, almond flour and salt and pepper and shake everything about. You could also do this in a big ziplock bag. Whatever works.
- Spread the cauliflower in a roasting pan in a single layer and roast for about 25 minutes in the hot oven.