I’ve been away! I went over to the UK to do some rehearsal, recording and gigging with the band; great fun, but it’s really nice to be home again and back in my own kitchen. I like knowing exactly what’s in the food I eat, especially in light of the recent ‘horse meat scandal‘ in Europe.
But I’ve been busy catching up so wanted something easy to make tonight. I haven’t really been eating much dairy for the past month, so I still had feta in the fridge from my earlier feta kick. I also wanted to heat up the house a bit by having the oven on…. I was going to put black olives in this, but the ones I had still had the pip in them. And being lazy, I just couldn’t be bothered!
I served this with Garlic and Lemon Roasted Cauliflower that I saw on the 21day Sugar Detox site today. Well, more or less, I used less coconut oil and forgot to put salt and parsley. Typical. But it was REALLY tasty. And I love a meal that is all ready at the same time!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 100g of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch of ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200*C.
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken breast into a bowl and mix well.
- Cut each chicken breast in half and open it flat. Smash in about 3 tablespoons of the feta mix into each and fold over.
- Cover with aluminium foil. Or bacon. Bacon would be nice.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until done.
- If you have any leftover stuffing, just throw it on the side of the plate. Delicious cold as well!