Still going on my ‘Whole 30‘! I can’t exactly say if it’s easier or harder at the moment, but one thing I’ve noticed, which may or may not be relevant to the Whole 30, is that if I -don’t- go to the gym or cycle in the morning, I tend to want to eat more. What? Yea, I don’t understand that either….
Week Two – October 8 – 14
- Break Fast: shredded sweet potato (also known as reheated failed sweet potato crisps…)
- Lunch: tuna in olive oil over baked green beans and garlic
- Dinner: my awesome chilli made with half pork and half beef mince, mushrooms, onions, coffee, chilli, cocoa powder…
- REST DAY! I did a triathlon, remember?
- Break Fast: leftover chilli and avocado
- Snack: Jerky, nuts and coconut from PaleoKits
- Dinner: we had a bbq! (I know, on a TUESDAY!) Hamburger patty, pork kebab, salad and cauliflower fauxtato salad
- Gym workout of 20 minute cycle, 10 minute run (1k), plus weights
- Break Fast: leftover chilli
- Snack: Ugh! I ate a bunch of dried fruit (coconut, papaya, raisins, apricot…!) and a handful of cashew nuts. Still Whole 30, but really trying not to snack!
- Dinner: kangaroo steak (!) marinated in harissa paste, rosemary and olive oil served with leftover salad and fauxtato salad
- Nothing ‘cept working at my computer today. Bad.
- Break Fast: Kangaroo Steak fritters (which was leftover kangaroo steak, sliced and coated in coconut flour and egg.
- Dinner: Slow cooked roast chicken (with 31 cloves of garlic – supposed to be 40 but I got bored peeling them) and courgettes.
- Gym workout of 20 minute cycle and 10 minute run (1k) plus weights
- Break Fast: Didn’t eat until very late today at a restaurant where I had sole cooked with a leek and prawn sauce.
- Dinner: Itty bitty bacon wrapped stuff peppers
- None. Bad week!
- Break Fast: Late meal of leftover chicken made into a cashew nut curry.
- Dinner: Stuffed pepper (which is a big version of yesterday’s meal)
- None again except shopping and walking along the seafront.
- Break Fast: While preparing bbq for the afternoon, had a few bites of tapenade and peppers. Some fuet (which is like salami)
- Dinner: BBQ lunch of sausage, burger patty, grilled courgettes, tapenade stuffed peppers.
- Yeah, none again…!
Possibly TMI, but since having the dried fruit, my stomach has been rather… let’s say unsettled. I can only think it was the rush of sugars in the fruit on a stomach that’s been away from that for ages. Only today have things started going back to normal.. somewhat. I’ve had TONS of water, like close to 3 litres a day. Not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Trying to get back into the workout routine as well. Think I’m a bit on a low due to not having a triathlon or mega bike ride to look forward to so currently on the search for something to train for. Watching the highlights of the Kona Ironman is inspiring, but I’m not quite there!
This 3rd week will probably be difficult as we have friends arriving for the week as well as a gig with the band… but I’m pretty determined!