I did used to like breaded chicken. And in my walnut frenzy I seem to be having lately (pesto, anyone?), I decided to try and use walnuts to make my ‘breaded chicken’.
Served with a salad (what else, in this heat!), this was perfect summer evening meal. And, bonus, there’s leftovers so lunch tomorrow won’t involve any cooking! Wahey.
- 800g of chicken fillets
- 250ml of buttermilk
- 100g of walnuts
- 100g of parmesan
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken in the buttermilk (with a li’l bit of salt) for about an hour or more.
- Preheat oven to 210 c (which is about 425 F).
- Put the walnuts, parmesan and black pepper in your food processor and whizz it around for a bit. Tip out onto a plate.
- Take the chicken out of the fridge and carefully dip each piece into the walnut mixture after letting most of the buttermilk drip off.
- Stick them on greaseproof paper and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Might be good to finish ’em off under the grill to crisp them up even more. But it got hot in my kitchen!