I made this a few years ago and found the pic while searching thru my iPhoto files. I had posted it up on flickr with the recipe but it’s since all but disappeared because I don’t have a ‘pro’ account anymore. But I managed to grab the recipe and post it here for you to enjoy.
I will attempt to make this again without using the Splenda or artificial sweeteners as I really prefer to cook without those these days. I figure honey would make a decent substitute. Or perhaps even an apple for the sweetness.
Oh. Yes. I think I might try that this week. If anyone beats me to it, or can recommend a good substitute, please do so!
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup full fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Splenda (or 4 teaspoons of liquid vanilla flavoured Hermesetas and 1/2 cup of aspartame sugar substitute…)
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A bunch of strawberries for the topping
- 1/4 cup or so of cream cheese mixed with a little vanilla extract to spread on top.
- Cream butter, cream cheese and Splenda together, mixing well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond flour with baking powder.
- Add egg/butter mixture to flour a little at a time while beating. Add lemon and vanilla extracts.
- Pour into greased 9″-10″ springform pan and bake at 350°F for 50-55 minutes.
- While it’s cooling, slice the strawberries and beat together the cream cheese with the vanilla extract. It’s basically to hold the strawberries in place – so you could use whipped up cream instead if you fancy….
- Pop the cake out of the pan, spread the topping and strawberries on top.
- Consume without guilt. But maybe not the entire cake….