Hah! After saying ‘who needs a recipe for salad’ – here I am, posting another recipe for salad. This also would have had fresh figs in it – if I’d remembered that I meant to put the ones in the fridge in here. But I didn’t. So nevermind.
In my never-ending quest to find recipes that involve as little time as possible in front of the stove, I decided upon a Spinach Salad with warm bacon dressing. You can see the irony here. I had to boil eggs AND cook bacon. Ah well, still. I tried.
- bag of spinach leaves
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1 red onion
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Put spinach leaves in pretty wooden salad bowl. Or an ugly one, it really doesn’t matter.
- Peel (no shit) hard boiled eggs, slice them and throw them into the salad bowl. Add the red onion which you have sliced finely. It would be a little odd to just put the whole onion in there, no?
- Cook bacon ’til good n crispy and then remove from the pan to cool then break it up and toss it into the salad.
- Slice your two garlic cloves and throw them into the pan of bacon grease. They will cook mega-quick. Turn off the heat and add your balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I expected more bacon grease in my pan. Fancy that – the one time I WANT loads of bacon fat, there isn’t as much. Huh.
- Stir around and it condenses a li’l. Then pour that over your salad, sprinkle the sea salt on, and serve.
- Bam! Tasty spinach salad. No leftovers today!