If The Lazy Caveman domain name hadn’t already been taken, I should have totally registered that. It’s summer. It’s hot. We have no air conditioning. That makes for a very lazy cook indeed. Stay tuned for bbq and salad recipes coming soon… sheesh. So that’s my excuse for being lazy, all right?
In my quest for staying cool, I popped to the supermarket to do some grocery shopping. (Car – air conditioned. Supermarket – air conditioned. See?) And I found this pack of really thinly sliced beef fillets (which also had a ‘great for kids!’ type label on them). So got that, and sliced up the pieces into strips and made this sorta stir fry. Honestly – it took like 15 minutes total.
- 230g of thinly cut into strips beef
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (you could use coconut aminos if you had them. Can’t get that here though…)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of shredded ginger (I love my Very Lazy Ginger!)
- 1 teaspoon of chopped chill (I maaaaay have used some Very Lazy Chili….)
- 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander leaves (yea, I have chopped coriander in a jar… I told you I was lazy!)
- For the egg noodles, you’ll need 2 eggs and another teaspoon of chopped coriander leaves)
- Mix up the marinade ingredients and add the sliced beef to the container and swish it all around for a bit. Let it sit there while you make the egg noodles.
- The egg noodles are basically 2 eggs and a teaspoon of coriander leaves all whisked together and then put in a large non-stick frying pan brushed with a li’l oil and cooked. Like a really flat omelette or pancake. When it’s all cooked, flip it over and cook it a li’l more, then roll it up and put it on a chopping board and slice it into strips (really simple if it’s rolled up).
- In that same pan, throw your beef and quickly stir fry it. Takes about 3 or 4 minutes – the stuff is thin!
- Throw the egg back into the pan and mix it all up for a minute.
- Bingo. 5 minutes on the heat. Stay cool!
- Serve up and sit out on the terrace.
- Serves 1 very hungry caveman or two not quite as greedy ones.