Yeah, I know. More scones….
This is REALLY similar to the sweet potato tuna scones I made in January. But different. But they came out so well, I decided they deserved their own page.
I found a baked sweet potato in the oven this morning. For some bizarre reason I bake 3 sweet potatoes whenever I bake them, and then consequently forget about the last one. So it was nice and well cooked (not burned!) when I discovered it this morning. I realized I also had some raspberries that were close to being gone, so needed to use them up as well. This is what emerged….
- 300g sweet potato (cooked and peeled)
- 100g egg white
- 75g vanilla whey protein powder (if you aren’t into protein powder, you could use almond flour)
- 15g raw cacao nibs
- 100g raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 200*C.
- Put the potato in the food processor and whizz about then add the egg whites. Mix for a few seconds and then add the protein powder (or almond flour).
- When it’s mixed well, throw in the cacao nibs and process a bit more. I like the way the food processor broke these up a bit so it was more of a chocolatey raspberry scone rather than with chocolate chips. But depending on your preference, you might want to just stir in the nibs at the end instead.
- Add your raspberries and process more.
- Scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper (saves on washing up). I used my trusty ice cream scoop to make about 10 scones.
- Bake for about 40 minutes until crispy on the outside.