Pineapple, pork and bacon ‘donuts’
This is just plain weird. But fun! It takes a little bit more effort, but with bacon – it’s worth it.
Makes a great picnic snack, quick on-the-go lunch or breakfast, or travel food. Always nice to have travel food!
- 475g ground pork
- 90g spring onion (about 2 or 3?)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried chillis
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 can of pineapple rings (4 pineapple rings)
- 8 strips of bacon
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Chop the spring onions and mix with the ground pork, spices and minced garlic.
- Lay one of the pineapple rings on your workspace and thread two pieces of bacon through the centre. Take 1/4th of the pork mixture and form it into a sausage shape. Lay it round the pineapple ring, forming a circle. Take the bacon and wrap it around. It’s hard to explain, but once you start working on it, you’ll see how it works!
- Repeat with the other 3 pineapple rings.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. You can finish it off under the grill if you want the bacon a little more crispy.
- Let cool. You can eat them hot, but for more of a ‘donut-y’ snack, let them cool and eat cold.