(That is a terrible title… yet strangely descriptive!)
Now that summer is more or less gone, I can use the oven more. Wahey! Or course, I’m doing a Whole30 at the moment, so new recipes are a little sparse at the moment cause I’m trying to keep it a li’l simple. But I still had tapenade leftover from the weekend, so came up with these li’l chicken bites.
The tapenade I made this weekend was a bit different to the one I made earlier – still black olives, capers, garlic and olive oil but left out the tarragon and popped in a load of chipotle chilli powder. Yum!
These would make a tasty li’l party treat as well, I reckon… although I can’t say for certain what they are like cold – as there were no leftovers!
- 500g thinly sliced chicken breast (12 pieces)
- 24 slices of pancetta (or bacon…)
- 12 teaspoons of black olive tapenade
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Take 2 slices of pancetta, lay one chicken piece across lengthways, spoon on teaspoon of tapenade and roll up. Repeat 11 more times.
- Lay them on a baking sheet covered with greaseproof paper (saves on washing up!)
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or just until the pancetta goes crispy and the chicken is cooked.
- I served these over sauerkraut that had been heated up with bacon bits.