I’m doing a bit of a ‘Back to Basics’ month in January, basically, to get rid of December. I’m sure a lot of you understand where I’m coming from. So my meals are all planned for the week and, admittedly, are a little less exciting than normal. But let’s face it – I am going to take the limited ingredients I have to work with and make something much more interesting!
Tonight, I realized I had some pork mince in the fridge that was approaching its use-by date. So instead of the planned chicken breast and spinach (I told you it sounded boring!), I whipped up some Morrocan inspired burgers. Served with some sautéd-in-olive-oil mushrooms and onions.
Sorry about the picture, it was such a sudden meal that I only used my iPod Touch to take the photo!
- 500 g pork mince, trim pork
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Dice up your onion and tomato and stick them in a bowl with all the spices, the pork and the tomato puree.
- Mix it all up with your hands.
- Form into burger shapes and cook. (I have a burger press now so mine were actually ROUND burgers this evening!)
- Yeah – that’s about it!