Something came up on Facebook yesterday that pointed me to SheShreds – another paleo food and fitness type blog. It’s a very cool blog with some great recipes and just, well, cool. I wonder if the people I link to see my mentioning them and think – who the hell is that chick? Isn’t the internet fun!
Anyway – a recipe (or twenty) caught my eye called meat cups. It looked pretty tasty but I didn’t have all the ingredients and I can’t follow direction so I sorta used it as a jumping off point to make lunch today. Use it as an inspiration and see what you have in your fridge…
Don’t you just love the title of this recipe? I mean, really, how appetising is that?
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 slices of chorizo
- 1 small courgette
- 1 large green onion (I suppose if you’re in Spain, this makes sense as the green onions here are like small regular onions with stems. In the UK, they are small and thin, I’d probably use about 3 then)
- 1 teaspoon of tarragon
- Using my handy itty-bitty food processor, I shredded the courgette and onion.
- Add the eggs and mix well. Throw in the tarragon.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half then place one small strip in each muffin tin. (I used a 6 cup muffin tin, by the way.) Then stick a slice of chorizo on top of the bacon and then crisscross another piece on top.
- Here’s where I admit that I then threw in some more bacon in the muffin cup sorta wrapped around the side. Optional, obviously!
- Pour in the eggy mix. Be like me and fill them WAY too high because you can’t be bothered to get more muffin tins dirty.
- Bake in the over for about 30 minutes at about 200C. It might take shorter. Or longer. I have a very unreliable oven.
- Marvel at how they puffed up when you take them out; and how quickly they deflate.
- Let them cool a bit before struggling to get them out of the muffin tins.
- Make sure someone else washes up.