So I’m cooking a roast chicken in my slow cooker – basically, I shoved an entire head of garlic up its butt, and a lemon from our lemon tree. Then sprinkled it with sage. The lemons are getting pretty ropey, so, as it’s friday and awfully hot here, I decided to make a refreshing cocktail. It tastes like ice cream!!
- Juice of 3 or 4 lemons (they were pretty dried up, but still some juice in ’em!)
- Inch and a half of Absolut Vodka from the freezer
- About a teaspoon of vanilla essence
- a few squirts of sweetener (I used a liquid sweetener…)
- Fizzy water
- Mix all the ingredients together. I’m crap at measurements, but basically it was 1/4 vodka, 2/4 lemon juice and 1/4 fizzy water.
- Shake it up in a cocktail maker (No, really. Don’t. The fizzy water makes the lid fly off. That was obviously a bit silly of me.)
- Pour into pretty glass and show off to the cat – as pictured.