I’ve never really been much of a sweets person. Honest. I’m more of a savoury snacker. And rarely indulge in desserts*. I’m also not that big into fruit. And it’s not the low carb thing that’s made me that way – I’ve never really fancied fruit. But for some reason, when I saw this recipe from Civilized Caveman Cooking, it made kiwis look SO GOOD. But then life got in the way for a couple of days. It wasn’t until I was in the fruit n veg shop and I saw some kiwis that I thought – OoOoo.
So I sorta didn’t really follow the brilliant recipe. And my kiwi popsicles don’t look quite as pretty. But they are darn tasty. And perfect in this hot summer spanish sun!
*When I’m at home. But I’ve always give a look at the dessert menu at a restaurant. Usually I chose the cheese board these days though, if I’m still hungry!
- 2 kiwis
- 5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons of pure cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 8 short kebab sticks/popsicle sticks
- Melt your coconut oil if it’s solid. It’s certainly not solid here in my house! Yay! Saved me a step!
- Mix together everything except the kiwi and sesame seeds.
- Slice your kiwis and trim off the furry bit. I got 4 pieces from each kiwi (to give you an idea of how thick I sliced ’em)
- Spread the sesame seeds on a plate.
- Put the kiwi slices on the sticks and then dip them in the chocolate mixture. Then dip them on either side in the toasted sesame seeds.
- Lay them on a plate with greaseproof paper and then stick them in the freezer or fridge. I did NOT use greaseproof paper which is why mine stuck to the plate. Do as I say, not as I do.
- The first 5 looked pretty. The last 3 were a bit of a mess. It’s okay – I ate them before photographing!