The other day in the supermarket, I found a pack of mixed mini peppers – yellow, green, orange, red… This might not sound like a big deal to you, but it’s not something you find every day ’round here. Even the checkout girl commented on it! The following day, Steve came back from work with some more mini peppers from one of his workmates. Then I had an idea….
It was a little labor-intensive, admittedly, but it was an awesome ‘meal’ to have this evening while watching a couple of tv episodes. Think snack food, but tastier!
- 800g mince beef
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon black onion seeds
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- black pepper
- 200g of bacon
- Bunch of mini peppers.
- Brown the meat in a skillet along with the spices.
- Leave to cool a bit. While the meat is cooling, prepare your peppers by slicing off the tops and, if they are longish, slit them open and scrap out the seeds. If they are stubby peppers, just slice the tops off and scoop out the seeds.
- Fill each pepper with a spoonful or so of meat, then wrap with half a slice of bacon. I say ‘wrap’ although it was mostly drapping….
- I used very good, low fat meat, so the bacon added a bit of moistness!
- Bake them for about 40 minutes at 200C (again, use your judgement for when the bacon is done – my oven sucks!).