The Feta Files, part 357.
I made some butter biscuits on Saturday after someone posted up a link to the recipe on Comfy Belly. I admit, I varied the recipe slightly, adding some ground flax and grated cheese. But anyway, they would be absolutely awesome as the biscuits in biscuits and gravy. In fact, they are pretty awesome on their own. But as this week’s theme seems to be feta, so I figured I could use them as a hamburger bun. Seeing as my quest for those giant portobella mushrooms is going no where.
I also happened to have fresh basil in the fridge. Likely bought for another recipe which I’ll remember tomorrow, but nevermind.
- 700g ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 2 egg yolks (you could probably use whole eggs, but I had leftover yolks from yesterday’s recipe)
- pinch of black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Form into 6 hamburger patties.
- Grill. (These would be awesome on the bbq! But it’s winter, so we don’t do that sorta thing…)
- Serve up on a Butter Biscuit sliced in half with rocket and tomato. (Personally, I like the whole open top hamburger thing… but the biscuits were actually solid enough to pick up traditionally if you wanted!)
- I mixed up some pesto mayo to go with the sweet potato fries. Mmmm.