I make chilli with coffee and chocolate. So I figured why not marinate some beef in that. A quick search on the internet says that I’m not original. For a crazy change (and because yesterday’s lime and chilli marinated chicken was exceedingly hot), I did not add chilli to this recipe.
- 1 espresso cup of, well, espresso
- 1 tablespoon of pure cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 500g of beef – I used 3 large minute steaks
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large container and the throw the beef in there. Mush it about a bit with your hands to coat. Stick in the fridge for a few hours.
- I grilled these on my cast iron skillet. But they would have been really tasty on the bbq (had I been bothered to light the bbq…!). Saying that – they were pretty darn good anyway!