I’ve made chocolate covered bacon before. It was absolutely brilliant! I decided to step it up a bit with this one… and include another one of my favourite ingredients, coffee!
Remember, everything is better with bacon.
- About 10 slices of bacon. Proper stuff, not that weird british crap.
- 1 cup of cold coffee or there abouts… I had leftover coffee from the machine – although next time i might use espresso…!
- 125g of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Start by marinating the bacon in the coffee for a while. I left it in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- Cook the bacon in the oven until it’s crispy. I put it on a wire rack to let a lot of the grease drip off.
- Let the bacon cool. Don’t be tempted to eat it now! (Do as I say, not as I do, remember…)
- Melt the chocolate together with the coconut oil and throw in the sea salt.
- Using tongs, dip the bacon in the melted chocolate and put on a plate. (Ideally, it would be a plate lined with baking paper – I didn’t have any baking paper. But it didn’t stick TOO much when I removed it from the freezer…)
- Stick in the freezer to cool.
- Extra bonus tip! I had a bunch of chocolate left over (probably because I ate a couple of pieces of coffee marinated bacon), so I poured it into an ice tray. I may have put in some bacon bits in the ice tray as well…! Cute little bacon chocolates. And some non-bacon chocolates – cause I ran out of bacon bits….