More fruit and meat combinations ahead! This one was inspired by the fact that I wanted a snack-y type meatball but something different than pork. Saying that, I’m sure this would work well with pork as well. I added the bacon to keep them a bit moist, as sometimes chicken can get a little dry.
It got the seal of approval (and surprise) from The Boyfriend. Which is a pretty high accolade as he usually isn’t too keen on my fruit and meat combos.
- 500g ground chicken
- 100g bacon
- 125g blueberries
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200*C.
- Throw everything except the ground chicken and the blueberries into the food processor and process.
- Toss in the blueberries and pulse for just a few seconds. Enough to mix everything up.
- In another bowl, combine the ground chicken with the bacon blueberry mixture from the food processor and mix well.
- Form into meatballs! This makes about 18 one inch meatballs.
- Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then transfer to a baking rack (turn them up the other way) and then put them back in the oven for another 20 – 25 minutes. This drains off a lot of the fat and makes them all pretty.
- Delicious hot or cold, but I prefer them cold.