Excuse me while I have a li’l ‘canapé’ moment. I made some lovely walnut and rocket pesto today. Normally, I’d spread it on fish, or whatnot, but there were some awfully tasty looking cherry tomatoes in the supermarket today so decided to experiment a li’l. And it worked!
- 70g of rocket leaves
- 75g of parmesan
- 100g of walnuts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 or 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- teaspoon of pepper
- generous pinch of sea salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes (that’s what I used, but there was buckets of pesto left over!)
- I stuck the walnuts in my skillet and toasted them for a bit. I suppose this would be optional…
- Whizz everything (except the cherry tomatoes, obviously) together in your food processor. Adding the olive oil a li’l at a time.
- I put it in the fridge for a while, where it sorta solidified. Ish.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the insides so you have li’l cups.
- Put in about half a teaspoon or whatever of the pesto inside each half. Squash it down with your thumbs and stick it on a tray lined with foil.
- Grill for about 5 or 10 minutes.
- These don’t last long! But they were delicious hot or cold.