Celeriac is one ugly vegetable. I saw it in the local greengrocers and had to have it. So I brought it home and then google’d some recipes. It seems the simplest is the best. Actually. I’m not so sure. I’ve cooked this loads of time and have never tried to cook it any differently. It’s just so good!
- 1 ugly celeriac
- teaspoon or two of dried thyme
- tbsp butter
- tbsp olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Cut off all the outside bit of the celeriac, then chop into small 1cm or so squares. Actually, get someone else to do this – it’s kinda like hard work!
- Melt butter in skillet and throw in the thyme for about 10 seconds then add the chopped celeriac.
- Pour over the olive oil, give it a stir and then cover, cooking on a low heat for about 15 minutes or so.
- Check and stir it every once in a while so it doesn’t stick. It’ll start to brown and caramelise.
- Remove the lid for the last 5 minutes and stir often and let the stuff brown.
- So simple. So good!