I don’t have a lot of breakfast recipes on this site. It’s usually too soon for me to come up with something creative that early in the morning. But for some reason, after my spate with blueberries and scrambled eggs (yum!), I decided on something different this morning. Pancakes!
I’m sure you could put maple syrup, or whatever it is that people put on pancakes. But I liked these plain. A little bit of butter was enough for me.
This recipe only serves one. But obviously you could double/triple/whatever it for more. I suggest using a crepe pan instead of the crap pan I used… but, unlike most times I make pancakes, this worked out well anyway. Very tasty!!
- 40g of bacon (about 2 strips)
- 2 eggs
- 30g of coconut flour
- 30g of blueberries
- 3 tablespoons water
- Chop up the bacon into pieces, not too small. I did them about 2cm pieces.
- Cook up the bacon and then take half out of the pan.
- Mix the eggs, coconut flour, blueberries and water in a blender or whatever you use to mix up batter.
- Pour half the batter into the pan over half the bacon and cook slowly and then flip when it starts browning around the edge.
- Repeat with the rest of the bacon and batter. You might want to add a bit of coconut oil, or bacon fat before pouring in the batter on the second pancake. (The first pancake cooks in the bacon grease anyway. Yum!)