Shopping ’round here is great. Sometimes frustrating, sometimes exciting. Like the other day when I found blueberries in the shop and ended up making Coconut Blueberry Muffins. Well, over the weekend, I found blackberries (same shop, in fact) so I bought those and figured, as I’ve still got a fridge full of Bacon Chocolate Muffins, I didn’t really need more dessert type items.
I went with savoury. I had a pork loin in the fridge, so I stuck that in a container and smashed the blackberries ’round it and left it to marinate overnight.
- 1 punet of blackberries
- 1 pork tenderloin (Mine was about 350g)
- 1 head of broccoli
- 100g of feta cheese (optional – this is just as tasty without feta if you don’t fancy dairy!)
- 1 onion
- 4 tablespoons fresh chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- The day before, marinate your pork tenderloin in the blackberries. Smash up a few and smear it all over the pork then stick it in the fridge.
- Preheat the over to 200*C.
- In an oiled baking tray, lay your pork, cover with the blackberries and marinade and then scatter the roughly chopped onion around.
- In another tray, cut your broccoli into small florets, throw about a tablespoon or so of olive oil on it and some sea salt and black pepper.
- Stick both trays in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the broccoli out, stir it about a bit, then scatter the chopped up feta over the broccoli and put back in the oven.
- Take the pork out of the oven and put the loin on a chopping board to rest while you make the sauce.
- Stick your baking pan on the hob on low, pour in 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and scrap all the lovely onions, blackberries and pork juice about. Then add in your 4 tablespoons of stock and bring to a little boil.
- Then cut the pork into thick slices, and spoon some sauce on top.
- Serve with the Broccoli and Feta.