77 Seed Bars
First off, this recipe does not contain 77 types of seeds. Nor does it only contain 77 individual seeds. I just named it that in honour of my 77 mile ride that I’ll be doing on Sunday. And also for lack of a better name. Anyway – on with the show.
Oh. My. God. Sometimes I make things and think ‘I wonder what time the takeaway closes’ because, well, sometimes things don’t work. We’ve all been there. But then there are times that I make something and I think ‘Holy crap. This is AWESOME.’
This is one of the later times.
I wanted to make my own ‘seed bar’. So I set to work putting stuff in my mini food processor. I must get a bigger food processor one day. And this is what came out….
- 100 grams of almond butter. Actually, this was just ground up blanched almonds from Whole Foods. You could easily start with some blanched almonds and blend until it’s a li’l paste-y.
- 100 grams of salted sunflower seeds
- 10 dates (pitted, obviously)
- 2 tablespoons of flax seed
- 5 tablespoon of toasted sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- Blend the almond butter and dates together for a bit.
- Add the flax seed, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and coconut oil and blend some more.
- Put the whole mushy mess into a ziplock freezer bag and flatten as much as poss, as square as poss.
- Put in freezer.
- Take out of freezer and put in fridge. Then slice!